New Mission High School
NMHS is a small college preparatory school community of 265 students and a dedicated and caring faculty. Advisories provide the foundation for individualized learning as well as both academic & personal support. Students demonstrate Commitment to Learning, Habits of Mind, and Essential Skills through portfolio presentations.
AP and honors level courses are offered starting in grade 9. All students end their time at New Mission with our capstone course, Senior Seminar, where they complete college applications, conduct research, and attend a senior internship in preparation for their senior defense.
- A small school community focused on empowering our students to become self-directed, life-long learners
- Average class size: 22 students
- College access courses: Students demonstrate their commitment to learning, habits of mind, and essential skills through portfolio presentations twice a year
- Student success on MCAS: 100% of grade 10 students passed the 2015 ELA, 99% passed math, and 97% passed science
- Annual Black College Tour
- Electives such as Cracking the SAT, Criminal Justice, MCAS prep, and writing seminar that provide opportunities to develop math and writing skills
- Full inclusion of students with disabilities
- After school Homework Academy, offering one-on-one help with teachers and tutors
- Individual student advisors who monitor the challenges and progress of each student
- Senior internships, community service, and senior thesis required for graduation
- College courses offered through Benjamin Franklin Institute, Mass. College of Art & Design, Roxbury Community College, Wentworth Institute, and Wheelock College
- Special application: details at newmissionhigh.org
Naia L. Wilson
655 Metropolitan Ave.
Hyde Park, MA 02136Phone: 617-635-6437Fax: 617-635-63322017-2018 School Year Hours7:45 am - 2:30 pm
Early Dismissal, the day before Thanksgiving and last two days of school: 12:30 p.m.
School Type: Pilot