Murphy K-8 School
The Murphy School is a K-8 school with a very diverse population and has received many awards. Many of our staff members have been recognized on a city, state and national level for their accomplishments.
Our before and after-school programs are models for the state. We are a school that prides itself on our students' success. We achieved NAEYC accreditation and we are an AVID certified school.
- A dedicated faculty, including lead teachers, teacher-coaches, Boston Teacher of the Year winners, and National Board Certified teachers
- Preparation for Independent School Entrance Exam (ISEE) for all grade 6 /8 students
- Swimming, music, art, technology, and physical education
- Renovated gym with rock wall
- Three new computer mobile labs
- Strong parent involvement with active committees
- Partnerships with many businesses, universities, and cultural organizations
Special academic programs
- Advanced Work Classes for eligible students in grades 4-6
- AVID college readiness program
Before and after school programs in our building
- Before school, 7:30-8:15 am, Monday through Friday. BOKS Kidz fitness is Monday, Wednesday and Friday, 7:00-8:00
- After school, Monday-Friday to 6:15 pm: homework help, art, music, technology, chess, science, history, renewable energy, drama, Destination Imagination, instrumental music lessons, and STEM programs
PrincipalCourtney Sheppeck1 Worrell St.
Dorchester, MA 02122Phone: 617-635-8781Fax: 617-635-8787School Hours8:30 am - 3:10 pm
Early Dismissal, the day before Thanksgiving and last two days of school: 1:10 p.m.Grades: K1-8
School Type: Regular