Murphy K-8 School
The Murphy School is a K-8 school with a very diverse population and has received many awards. Many of our staff members have been recognized on a city, state and national level for their accomplishments.
Our before and after-school programs are models for the state. We are a school that prides itself on our students' success. We achieved NAEYC accreditation and we are an AVID certified school.
- A dedicated faculty, including lead teachers, teacher-coaches, Boston Teacher of the Year winners, and National Board Certified teachers
- Preparation for Independent School Entrance Exam (ISEE) for all grade 6 /8 students
- Swimming, music, art, technology, and physical education
- Renovated gym with rock wall
- Three new computer mobile labs
- Strong parent involvement with active committees
- Partnerships with many businesses, universities, and cultural organizations
Special academic programs
- Advanced Work Classes for eligible students in grades 4-6
- AVID college readiness program
- Celtics Stay in School Program, Children’s Services of Greater Boston, Community Music Center of Boston, Emmanuel College and Graduate School, Northeastern University, Reebok BOKS Kidz, Simmons College, Stop and Shop, Gardner Museum, Urban Improv
Before and after school programs in our building
- Before school, 7:30-8:15 am, Monday through Friday. BOKS Kidz fitness is Monday, Wednesday and Friday, 7:00-8:00
- After school, Monday-Friday to 6:15 pm: homework help, art, music, technology, chess, science, history, renewable energy, drama, Destination Imagination, instrumental music lessons, and STEM programs
PrincipalCourtney Sheppeck1 Worrell St.
Dorchester, MA 02122Phone: 617-635-8781Fax: 617-635-87872017-2018 School Year Hours8:30 am - 3:10 pm
Early Dismissal, the day before Thanksgiving and last two days of school: 1:10 p.m.Grades: K1-8
School Type: Regular