Mildred Avenue K-8 School
The Mildred Avenue K–8 School is a school on the rise, and the Mildred Momentum is continuing to build! Our Mildred students' test scores have rapidly improved in each of the last three years. More importantly, students and families are excited about being part of the Mildred Avenue K-8 community. Every day, our faculty and staff commit to maximizing the learning of every child. We provide a rigorous, student-centered curriculum at all grade levels. Additionally, all students have a daily intervention period in which we customize instruction to the needs of each individual.
In addition to our core instruction, all students take classes in vocal music, visual arts, physical education, swimming, and dance in our state-of-the-art facilities – which include a pool, dance studio, art studio, library, computer labs, and a theater. All of our community members strive to live by our guiding values: be responsible, be respectful, work hard, and be kind. As a community, we support our learners academically, socially and emotionally as part of the Mildred family each and every day!
- Extended day: an extra half hour of school for all students and three hours of dynamic afterschool programming (optional; low cost) enable us to provide students rich opportunities from 7 am to 5 pm
- A state-of-the-art facility with a dance studio, theatre, pool, science and computer labs, art studio, library, athletic fields and playground.
- ISEE test preparation for entrance into exam schools
- Strong partnerships with City Year, Boston Debate League, the Achievement Network, Generations, and many community organizations.
- Lower class sizes in Math and ELA
- Frequent field trips and outside-of-the-box, experiential learning opportunities
- Guaranteed assignment for students from Ellison/Parks Early Education School, Kenny Elementary, Mattahunt Elementary, and Taylor Elementary
Special academic programs
- Advanced Work Class providing an accelerated Honors curriculum
- City Year, Boston Debate League, The Achievement Network, Neighborhood House Charter School, Mildred Avenue Community Center (BCYF), E Inc. Environmental Science Program, Pan-African Cultural Education, Inc. (PACE), Boston Celtics, Generations, Inc. Early Literacy Program
After school programs in our building
- After school: programs for all grade levels until 5:00 pm (Monday through Thursday and Friday in the lower elementary grades). Lower elementary programming is provided by the Mildred Avenue Community Center and PACE (Pan-African Cultural Education). Upper elementary programming is provided by City Year. Middle school programming is led by Mildred teachers and features many community partners. Annual fee for elementary and middle school grades is currently $50 for the year.
- Low cost after school programming is offered on-site in the lower elementary grades.
Contact the Mildred
5 Mildred Avenue
Mattapan, MA 02126
United StatesPhone617-635-1642Fax617-635-16412017-2018 School Year Hours7:30 am - 2:00 pm
Early Dismissal, the day before Thanksgiving and last two days of school: 12:00 p.m.
School Type: Regular