John W. McCormack Middle School
We are dedicated to academic excellence for every student. We take pride in the high quality of teaching in all of our classrooms, and in our team structure which offers a welcoming community to all students and families. We have a strong commitment to the arts and offer instrumental music, vocal music, drama, strings, and a range of other arts programs.We offer an extended school day for all grade 6-8 students. The additional learning time allows us to offer both enrichment and academic support to all students. We are a diverse community, and celebrate diversity as part of our school identity.
- Expanded learning time for all students in grades 6-8
- Nationally recognized talent development initiative focusing on achievement, attendance, and behavior
- Strong programming offered by Citizen Schools, City Year, Trinity, and Tenacity
- Visual and performing arts program available to all students
- Daily science and social studies for all students
- Extra academic assistance in reading and math as needed
- Participation in middle school leagues for football, basketball, track and field, and baseball
- Focus on student leadership and good citizenship
- School-wide values: Work Hard. Work Together. Panther PRIDE!
- Caring faculty focused on the success and well-being of every student
- A great school community that welcomes all families and wants you to be part of the McCormack.
- Guaranteed assignment for students from the Clap, Dever, Everett, Perkins, and Russell
Special academic programs
- Advanced Work Class for eligible students in grade 6
Before and after school programs in our building
- Before school: The school opens for breakfast at 7:00, and the school day begins at 7:15
- After school, 2:20-4:30: Wide range of enrichment and academic activities, Monday-Thursday provided by our partners.
315 Mt. Vernon Street
Dorchester, MA 02125
7:15 am - 2:20 pm
Early Dismissal, the day before Thanksgiving and last two days of school: 12:20 p.m.
School Type: Regular