Muñiz, Margarita Academy
The Margarita Muñiz Academy is Boston Public School’s first dual-language high school. Our founding 9th graders will graduate in 2016! We are dedicated to preparing citizens and leaders who are fluent in English and Spanish. Every student will be ready for college and contribute to the community and beyond. Muñiz Academy partners with families and community to realize our mission together.
- Boston’s only two-way bilingual high school, seeking to prepare students to be engaged citizens and leaders who are fluent in English and Spanish
- Challenging, culturally relevant curriculum through project-based learning, the arts, and technology
- Open to all Boston students through the BPS assignment process; admissions priority for 8th grade students from BPS dual language schools including Sarah Greenwood, Rafael Hernández, Joseph Hurley, and Mario Umana Academy
- Modeled on Boston’s highly acclaimed two-way bilingual Rafael Hernández K-8 School
- Rigorous college preparatory curriculum taught in English and Spanish
- High expectations for all: every graduate will be accepted to a 4-year college
- Opportunities to compete for Muñiz Academy College Scholarship Fund
- Strong emphasis on providing expanded, high-quality professional development and increased common planning time for teachers
- Many opportunities to engage families, including two parent-teacher conferences each year and special events
- Intensive, two-week summer induction program required for all incoming students focused on language and cultural immersion, as well as skill assessments
- Electives and internships geared towards college and career readiness, arts, computer sciences, and/or a third language
- An Innovation School, with greater flexibility than regular district schools in the areas of budget, staffing, curriculum, and school year calendar to better meet the needs of students and families.
Dania Vazquez20 Child St.Jamaica Plain, MAPhone: 617-635-8198Fax: 617-635-78352017-2018 School Year Hours8:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.Mon.-Thurs.;8:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. Fri.Early Dismissal, day before Thanksgiving and last two days of school: 1:30 p.m.