All BPS staff will adhere to the recently announced vaccine verification or regular testing policy for City of Boston employees. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommends that everyone age 12+ receive a COVID-19 vaccine. Vaccines are one of the most important tools we have to protect ourselves and each other from COVID-19. However, vaccination rates in specific city neighborhoods and among youth ages 12-15 remain below the City of Boston average. BPS is working with Boston Public Health Commission to host Back to School COVID-19 Vaccine Clinics throughout the city, including many BPS schools. No appointment is necessary, walk-in appointments are welcomed, and the events will feature food, raffles, and other prizes. For more information, please visit boston.gov/covid19-vaccine.
- BPS staff will adhere to the recently announced vaccine verification or regular testing policy for City of Boston employees
- BPS will continue to promote vaccines and offer on-site vaccinations in partnership with BPHC
- Students will have the option to participate in weekly COVID-19 testing
- Staff will be provided with information on where to access free testing throughout the City and neighboring towns
- Positive cases for students and staff members who are at a BPS site during their infectious period will be reported to the community