STUDENT COVID-19 TESTING
Testing is one of our most important tools for mitigating the spread of COVID-19
- Free, voluntary, and confidential COVID-19 pool testing is available in schools for students and school staff
- We strongly encourage all students and staff to participate in the pool testing program regardless of vaccination status. The more people who test regularly, the better data we have
- Parents/guardians/caregivers must complete a consent form for their students to be eligible for pool testing. Each family will receive a link to this form for each student
- There are multiple strategies for COVID-19 testing in our schools, operated by our partners at CIC Health:
- Routine COVID Pool testing - with the consent of families and staff members, schools provide COVID-19 testing weekly for a sample of the population (the ‘pool’). If there is a positive “pool” case, each individual sample from the positive pool will be tested with a follow-up test.
- Testing for students experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 - any student who complains of any of the symptoms of COVID-19 will have access to a rapid test. Decisions on next steps are based on the results of the test
- Test and Stay - is discontinued as of March 7, 2022
- At-Home Antigen testing - beginning the week of March 7, 2022, families and staff members can digitally sign-up to receive bi-weekly iHealth at-home antigen tests. Each kit contains two tests to allow for weekly testing.