HOME HEALTH CHECKLIST
Students will continue to utilize the home health checklist and not attend school if they exhibit symptoms of COVID-19.
BPS families must monitor their children for symptoms of COVID-19 every day before school. Some symptoms of COVID-19 are the same as the flu or a bad cold; please do not assume it is another condition. When in doubt, stay home and call your primary care provider.
Students may be sent home from school who show signs of COVID-19 at the school nurse's discretion.
YOUR CHILD MUST STAY HOME if they have any of the symptoms listed below:
- Fever (100.0° Fahrenheit or higher), chills or shaking chills
- Difficulty breathing or shortness of breath
- New loss of taste or smell
- Muscle aches or body aches
- Cough (not due to other known cause)
- Sore throat, when in combination with other symptoms
- Nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea when in combination with other symptoms
- Headache, when in combination with other symptoms
- Fatigue, when in combination with other symptoms
- Nasal congestion or runny nose (not due to other known causes, such as allergies) when in combination with other symptoms
- Any unvaccinated student in close contact with a person who has COVID-19 outside of a BPS school building must stay home from school, quarantine, and follow the directions provided by their healthcare provider or local board of health.
If your child has any symptoms:
- Please report the absence to the school administration and school nurse, noting if the absence is COVID-19 related.
- Keep your child home, have them seen by their primary care provider, and consider testing for COVID-19.
- Please inform the school nurse of the primary care provider's recommendations in writing before returning to school.