Check Out Some Back to School Tips!
- Begin shifting your student’s sleeping routines several days before school starts. Go to bed earlier and wake up earlier than you usually would during the summer. And, make sure you decrease screen time before going to bed.
- Review your student’s bus stop location, route assignment, and pick-up times. Bookmark the Where’s My Bus app on your smartphone to track the real-time location of your student’s bus.
- Before the first day of school, make sure the school administrator(s) have your correct contact information, including the current home address, phone number, and email address for anyone listed as your student’s emergency contact. Fill out the parent & student agreement form online at www.bostonpublicschools.org/familyguide. Please fill out this form by September 30, 2023.
- For students in lower grades, write the student’s name, the parent/guardian name, address, phone number, and name of the school on the back of an index card or tag and secure this inside the child’s backpack. Also, label jackets, hats, lunch boxes, and other items that will be brought to school with your student’s name and grade.
- Make copies of documentation of your student’s most recent physical examination and immunizations for the school nurse or administrator.
- Organize all summer learning assignments, such as reading logs or math packets, before the first day of school.
- Supply lists vary by school. If you have a question about your students’ supply list, please call the main phone number of your school. School listings are found here.