Mary K. Lyon High School
The MLPHS is committed to provide a fully inclusive learning environment where conditions are changed or created to enable general education students and students with EBD to maximize their potentials. We endeavor to support all students so that they are able meet or exceed the academic standards, and develop skills to be competent in their everyday life.
- Our instructional focus: educate each student as a unique individual ready to meet the challenges of an increasingly diverse and global community
- Collaboration among staff, students, and families to provide the necessary support for academic, social, and emotional growth
- Focus on teaching students the strategies to solve problems individually and as members of a team
- Promotion of active citizenship through volunteerism, internship programs, and community events
- Full inclusive education
- Small class size
- Strong advisory program
- College preparatory curriculum
- Use of SMART boards as regular instructional tool
- Use of Naviance to help students establish post-secondary goals and plan accordingly
- PSAT and SAT preparatopm classes
- Highly qualified teachers: All teachers hold Master’s degrees and are dually licensed in content area and special education
- School partners: Walker Home and School and Boston College
Jean-Dominique Herve Anoh
95 Beechcroft St.
Brighton, MA 02135
2017-2018 School Year Hours
8:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Early Dismissal, the day before Thanksgiving and last two days of school: 1:30 p.m.
School Type: Pilot