SCHOOL HEALTH PROFILES OVERVIEW
The School Health Profiles (Profiles) is part of a national school health surveillance effort led by the CDC to assess school health policies, programs, and practices in states, large urban school districts, and territories. The Profiles is made up of three online, self-administered surveys conducted every other year at BPS among principals, physical education teachers, and lead health education teachers. Profiles monitors the current status of:
- School health coordination
- Practices related to sexual and gender minority students
- Bullying and sexual harassment
- Physical education and physical activity
- Tobacco-use prevention policies
- Nutrition-related policies and practices
- Health services
- Mental health services
- Family and community involvement
- Health education
Profiles also measure and monitor key metrics across the District Wellness Policy which sets forth BPS’s comprehensive approach to health and wellness in schools.
The 2022 School Health Profiles survey administration window will open on April 4, 2022 and close on May 13, 2022. All Boston Public Schools are expected to participate. For more information, visit the survey administration webpage.