Lyndon K-8 School
The administration and staff of the Lyndon School prepare our students to be lifelong learners. Although known for our strong academic program, we also offer a curriculum which includes visual arts, band, dance, debate team, technology and after-school academic and sports program.
Teachers are trained in Responsive Classroom and Second Step, social curricula which have built a strong learning community where high social and academic goals are the school's core values.
- A pilot school, with the freedom to make informed decisions which prepare our students to be life-long learners.
- Science, math, and computer specialists
- A full arts curriculum with visual art, general music, chorus, instrumental program, and dance
- Lending library supported and maintained by parent volunteers
- All teachers are trained in Responsive Classroom and Second Step, socail curriculums which have built a strong learning community
- Many opportunities for family engagement, includining PTA, Friends of the Lyndon and School Site Council
- Literacy specialist, ESL teacher, special education teachers
- Partnership with Children’s Hospital which provides our students support and guidance
- Computer lab and wireless laptop carts to support grade level learning.
- Special education: four SAR classrooms, grades 2/3/4, 4/5/6, 6/7/8 and 7/8
- Boston Ballet, Boston Celtics/Boston Red Sox, Boston Symphony Orchestra, Children’s Hospital Neighborhood Project, Friends of the Lyndon, Massachusetts College of Art and Design, Massachusetts College of Pharmacy, Northeastern University, Regis College, Brandeis University, West Roxbury/Roslindale YMCA.
- Before and after: Provided by the West Roxbury/Roslindale YMCA.
Kathleen Tunney (K-3)
Andre Ward (4-8)
20 Mt. Vernon Street
West Roxbury, MA 02132
United StatesPhone: 617-635-6824 (K-grade 3); 617-635-6336 (grades 4-8)
2017-2018 School Year Hours
9:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Early Dismissal, the day before Thanksgiving and last two days of school: 1:30 p.m.
School Type: Pilot