Lyndon K-8 School
The administration and staff of the Lyndon School prepare our students to be lifelong learners. Although known for our strong academic program, we also offer a curriculum which includes visual arts, band, dance, debate team, technology and after-school academic and sports program.
Teachers are trained in Responsive Classroom and Second Step, social curricula which have built a strong learning community where high social and academic goals are the school's core values.
- A pilot school, with the freedom to make informed decisions which prepare our students to be life-long learners.
- Science, math, and computer specialists
- A full arts curriculum with visual art, general music, chorus, instrumental program, and dance
- Lending library supported and maintained by parent volunteers
- All teachers are trained in Responsive Classroom and Second Step, socail curriculums which have built a strong learning community
- Many opportunities for family engagement, includining PTA, Friends of the Lyndon and School Site Council
- Literacy specialist, ESL teacher, special education teachers
- Partnership with Children’s Hospital which provides our students support and guidance
- Computer lab and wireless laptop carts to support grade level learning.
Special academic programs
- Special education: four SAR classrooms, grades 2/3/4, 4/5/6, 6/7/8 and 7/8
Before and after school programs in our building
- Before and after: Provided by the West Roxbury/Roslindale YMCA.
Kathleen Tunney (K-3)
Andre Ward (4-8)
20 Mt. Vernon Street
West Roxbury, MA 02132Phone: 617-635-6824 (K-grade 3)
617-635-6336 (grades 4-8)
9:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Early Dismissal, the day before Thanksgiving and last two days of school: 1:30 p.m.
School Type: Pilot