Lee Academy Pilot School
The Lee Academy Pilot School is a fully inclusive, autonomous school, built on partnerships with families, educators, and community members. By meeting children’s social-emotional needs and by guiding them to strive for academic excellence, we are a community which is inclusive, diverse, and equitable valuing all kinds of learners and backgrounds. We celebrate the joy of learning by fostering creativity and curiosity while nurturing the individual genius in every child.
Our professional staff demonstrates our commitment to social justice by empowering our students to participate fully in all aspects of life. Parents and community members participate in many ways, including as members of our Governing Board and Family Council.
Students find joy in learning through multiple, diverse experiences. Academically, we use a tiered system of support to address the academic and behavioral needs of each student. We continually monitor students’ academic progress. Children at our school are able to participate in physical education, yoga, music, art, science, Tae Kwon Do, dance, and swimming.
- A pilot school offering a comprehensive program with high-quality instruction and support for children ages 3-8 (grades K0-3) and their families
- Dance, visual arts, yoga instruction, science, and physical education
- An inclusive community of learners
- A Literacy Collaborative school
- Looping in some grades: children have the same teacher for two years
- Highly professional staff: professional development provided to better support student learning
- Tae Kwon Do lessons in the fall and a partnership with Urbanity Dance in the winter
- Social skills curriculum: Second Steps certified teachers to help foster social-emotional development
Special academic programs
- General education/special education inclusion classrooms in all grades
Before and after school programs in our building
- Before School: 8:00-9:10 and Reebok BOK sessions
- After school: Imajine That, 3:25-6:00 pm: homework help, enrichment activities, and outdoor playtime
Assistant Superintendent on Assignment
25 Dunbar Ave.
Dorchester, MA 02124
9:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Early Dismissal, the day before Thanksgiving and last two days of school: 1:00 p.m.
Level: Early Childhood
School Type: Pilot