Washington Irving Middle School
At the Washington Irving Middle School, we believe all students are capable of learning, thinking, and developing their social-emotional skills beyond their expectations. Irving students adopt a growth mindset and demonstrate our school core values: respect, responsibility, and integrity.
Irving staff cultivate a safe, loving, and engaging learning environment that encourages all students to take risks as they seek knowledge. As a result, Irving students become passionate lifelong learners who apply their thinking skills beyond our classrooms to solve and address injustices in their communities.
Special Academic Programming
- Program for students with Language-based Learning Disabilities
- Changing Students Lives: Program for students with Emotional Impairments
- 6th-grade AWC
- Sheltered English Immersion Program for ELD: Levels 1 and 2
- Literacy Intervention Block for all students
- Weekly Advisory period with a focus on Social Emotional Learning and Social Justice Themes
After School Programming: Free program sponsored by Boys and Girls Club and City Year
105 Cummins Highway
Roslindale, MA 02131
7:15 AM - 2:05 PM
Early Dismissal, the day before Thanksgiving and last two days of school: 12:05 p.m.
School Type: Traditional