Hurley K-8 School
The Hurley K-8 School, located in Boston's South End, is a K-8 dual language immersion school. Our mission is to graduate students who can perform academically at proficient levels in Spanish and English.
Our school enrolls approximately 350 students in grades K1-8. The Hurley offers language interventions during the school day to help support learning in two languages for those who need it. Our enrichment opportunities include theater arts, science/technology/engineering/math (STEM), choral music, robotics, mentoring, and others. Our lead partners are the Museum of Fine Arts, the YMCA and Neighborhood Parents for the Hurley School.
- A Spanish-English dual language school: Students applying for grades 3-8 must attend an orientation with their families, participate in an informal interview, and take a language proficiency assessment in Spanish and English to determine their ability to succeed in the dual language program
- Committed to graduating students who perform at the proficient or advanced academic levels in two languages
- Strong focus on the arts, includes partnering with Urban Voices, Urbanity, The New England Conservatory, and the Museum of Fine Arts
- Robotics lab
- Soccer field
- Fully automated bilingual school library
- Annual field day, movie nights, and family “fiestas”
- After school program, tutoring and clubs
Special academic programs
- Dual language program for all students
- Museum of Fine Arts, Neighborhood Parents for the Hurley, Strong Women/Strong Girls, and the YMCA
After school programs in our building
- After school, 2:30- 6:00 pm: Bodega de Arte, our own program in partnership with the YMCA. Students receive the opportunity to work with the Museum of Fine Arts, Robotics, Playworks, and others. Cost based on income; vouchers accepted.
70 Worcester Street
Boston, MA 02118
2017-2018 School Year Hours
8:30 am - 3:10 pm
Early Dismissal, the day before Thanksgiving and last two days of school: 1:10 p.m.
School Type: Regular