Higginson/Lewis K-8 School
Our school is a community-based, family-oriented, full-service school with a strong academic focus. Our modernized building includes a gymnasium, cafeteria, and auditorium, all of which are used to enhance our academic offerings.
We have many community partners that support our academic and social-emotional missions to improve and enhance student achievement through our guiding values: Respect, Ownership, Accountability, and Responsibility.
- A community-based full-service school with a strong academic focus
- Modernized building with a gymnasium, cafeteria, and auditorium
- Brand new, beautiful playground and outdoor classroom
- Music, art and dance education
- Physical education program including Tae Kwon Do
- Many community, cultural, and university partners, including our new partnership with Boston Ballet
- Guaranteed assignment for students from the Higginson Elementary School.
Special academic programs
- Special education: autism program
Before and after school programs in our building
- Before school program: run in partnership with Bird St. Community Center for ages 5-12; sliding fee scale beginning at $50 per week
- After school programs: a partnership with Bird St. Community Center for elementary school students; sliding fee scale, $50 per week; vouchers accepted
- After school program for middle school students run by City Year; free
Jose Orlando Malavé-Vidal
131 Walnut Avenue
Roxbury, MA 02119
9:30 am - 4:10 pm
Early Dismissal, the day before Thanksgiving and last two days of school: 2:10 p.m.
School Type: Inclusion