The Communications Team emails two weekly newsletters, AroundBPS to Boston Public Schools staff and BPS Weekly Update to Boston Public Schools families, staff, and partners.
To view the BPS Weekly Update in English or to translate it, click here.
If you are BPS staff and are not receiving AroundBPS, please read below.
AroundBPS Email Distribution List
AroundBPS is a weekly bulletin that is sent out to all Boston Public Schools Staff on the first day of each week. AroundBPS is sent to each staff member’s “primary” email address in the City of Boston Employee Self Service (ESS) portal.
How to change your primary email in ESS
- Log into the City of Boston Employee Self Service at ess.boston.gov with your ID number and password
- In the Personal Information section, locate and click the button that says Email Addresses
- Here you will see all email addresses associated with your account. Your primary email address is noted with a star.
- To add an email address: click the add button and enter your email address. To set as your primary email address, click the “set as my primary email address” button
- To change primary email addresses: click on the email address you wish to set as your primary. Once in edit mode, click the “set as my primary email address” button
Not receiving AroundBPS?
- Check your settings in the Employee Self Service portal to ensure that your primary email address is up to date. See the section above for details.
- Check your spam or trash filters. AroundBPS comes out on the first day of each week from the email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
Can non-BPS Staff subscribe to AroundBPS?
AroundBPS is for Boston Public Schools staff only. Individuals who are not employees of the Boston Public Schools cannot subscribe to AroundBPS.