Remote Learning Family Supports
E-Learning Tool Support and Training
- Clarity: Creating a more robust, clear infrastructure for remote teaching and learning at the district level.
- Support: Creating opportunities for all stakeholders (including families) to learn and grow, and be supported in remote learning.
- Accountability: Creating processes and methods for multiple levels of qualitative and quantitative data feedback loops.
Ongoing Parent Workshops and Learning Sessions
- Offerings based on parent and school feedback
- Continued offerings with Parent University, based on parent feedback
Access to Partner Programming
- Working with our BPS Partners on remote programs
- Meeting with faith-based and community partners to determine willingness and capacity to house programs
School-Based Outreach and Support Efforts
- 43 schools with a family liaison that has been trained during the summer
- Teacher training in conducting home visits - virtual and community-based
- Guidance and recommendations for schools based on best practices
4,500 Chromebooks have been distributed to families.
The second delivery of Chromebooks will be delivered to schools to be distributed to students in need of a replacement.
For more information on technology, visit Laptops and Tablets.