REOPENING SAFETY PROCEDURES
Daily School Building Cleaning, Sanitizing, and Disinfecting
Per the CDC, BPS's emphasis will continue regular cleaning with an increase in the frequency of cleaning, sanitizing, and disinfecting. Cleaning and disinfecting of high-touch areas will occur multiple times a day. Bathrooms will be monitored every 2-3 hours throughout the day and will include wiping down all sink hardware, toilets, door handles, and all other surfaces. All stock items will be checked at this time. A daily cleaning checklist/log will be used by custodians, with review and sign-off daily by the Senior Custodian, and weekly by the Area Manager.
Based on this guidance, BPS Day Procedures will be:
- All custodial regular cleaning will be done per usual and include increased cleaning and disinfecting of all high-touch areas. (see below)
- Facilities will provide spray bottles with disinfectant and paper towels in all CLASSROOM areas for staff and students to be able to wipe down desktops and tables, and check 2-3 times per day to make sure there’s an adequate supply available.
- We will have hand sanitizer with 60% or higher level of alcohol available throughout the buildings and be strategically available as students are arriving at and leaving the building each day.
- As they're walking the building over the course of the day, custodians will carry a spray bottle and cloth, and repeatedly wipe down high-touch areas. These include door handles, push bars, light switches, water coolers, office reception desks/countertops, and hand or stair railings, and any school-specific high-touch areas like mascots or statues.
- Custodians will pin doors wherever possible to minimize frequent touchpoints, except where doing so would create a fire hazard.
- Every 2-3 hours, custodians will visit bathrooms to wipe down all sink hardware, faucets, flushers, toilets, and make sure all soap dispensers, towels, and toilet paper are stocked.
- Frequent handwashing is the most effective way to fight the virus. Handwashing guidelines are available in the BPS Fall Reopening Plan.
- Periodically check to ensure hand sanitizer stations have sufficient product.
- Hang additional hand sanitizer stations in strategic areas if needed.
Based on this guidance, BPS Night Procedures will be:
- All custodial regular cleaning will be done per usual at night and include cleaning and disinfecting of all high-touch areas.
- Per usual, a thorough top to bottom cleaning of all bathrooms will be done.
- All soap dispensers, hand sanitizers, paper towels, and toilet paper will be restocked.
- All desks, personal spaces, flat surfaces, and kitchens will be wiped down by the school staff – custodial will provide them with spray bottles with disinfectant and paper towels.
- Misting disinfectant will be utilized twice per week (on Wednesdays and after Friday classes end and Monday classes begin) in every classroom in an attempt to kill the COVID-19 virus and any other organisms that can compromise the health and safety of our students and staff. This procedure will also be implemented in the event of a suspected or confirmed COVID-19 case, as part of the BPS Communicable Disease Rapid Response protocols.
In addition to these daily cleaning, sanitizing, disinfecting protocols, the spread of COVID should be minimized by people in the building through frequent hand washing, wearing masks, and practicing social distancing.
Installations, Signs, and Supplies
Vinyl and Plexiglass partitions at the Mildred Avenue and Tobin schools
Stocking up on supplies
For a full list of supplies, click here.
- 920 cases of Optimum Foam Soap
- 350 cases of Symmetry Green Foaming Soap
Foaming hand sanitizer
- 910 cases
- 850 cases (6 per case) roll paper towels
- 728 cases (12 per case) single-fold towels
- 425 cases (36 rolls per case)
- 350,000 in stock
- 400,000 student masks delivered 9/14
- 200,000 adult masks delivered week of 9/21
- 157,000 ordered (two per student)
- 70,000 donated