Dr. William W. Henderson K-12 Inclusion School
The Henderson is Boston's only fully inclusive K-12 school. Students involved in general education, students with disabilities, and students considered talented and gifted learn together and from each other. Teachers and support staff team to help children learn and succeed.
We offer a comprehensive curriculum with enriched arts experiences. Our greatest achievement is the progress of our students as demonstrated by the quality of their work, positive interactions, art displays, performances, and school/community service.
All students are instructed at their individual learning levels using a variety of curriculum materials. Technology is integrated as a learning tool in all content areas. Support and enrichment are provided based on individual students' needs. Therapies are provided in classrooms to the extent possible
- Extended school day
- Small class size (average class size is 22 students)
- Rigorous, standards-based instruction
- Vibrant after-school programming
- State of the art technology in every classroom
- Unparalleled parental involvement
- The most up-to-date textbooks and supplementary materials
- Student support services
- Data-driven instructional model
Special academic programs
- Fully inclusive school, all grades
- AVID College Prep Program
- Harvard Graduate School of Education, Very Special Arts, The Achievement Network, Berklee College of Music, Achieve 3000, Dot Art, Federation for Children with Special Needs, Best Buddies, Neighborhood House Charter School, Thompson Island Outward Bound, UMass Boston, Museum of Fine Arts, CitySprouts
Before and after school programs in our building
- Before school program from 7:30 am: available to all students. Activities include learning and playing; $2 per day; a limited number of scholarships available.
- After school program: available to students of all abilities. Programming changes by season and includes basketball, volleyball, art, music, African drumming, homework help, Lego Club, tae kwon do, iPad Club, dance, piano lessons, Garden Club, and Fun Fridays that include trips to places like the New England Aquarium and Museum of Science. The weekly fee is $30 and drop-in fee is $10.
1669 Dorchester Ave.
Dorchester, MA 02122
Phone: 617-635 -8725
18 Croftland Ave.
Dorchester, MA 02124
2017-2018 School Year Hours
8:30 am - 2:30 pm
Early Dismissal, the day before Thanksgiving and last two days of school: 12:30 p.m