Sarah Greenwood K-8 School
We are a K1-8 school, and pride ourselves in the variety of programs available to our students. We have a dual-language program in grades K1-4 (growing one grade per year), and specialized student support services in our Therapeutic Learning Center. We use Restorative Justice as our guiding philosophy for student and community support.
- We use Lesley University's Literacy Collaborative Initiative and have two coaches that support teachers in literacy instruction. We also have a reading recovery specialist and resource room specialist to support students.
- Our Specialist teachers bring enrichment to our students through Visual Journalism, Music, Physical Education, Science, and Computers.
- We have a brand new bilingual library where our librarian assists students in finding exciting literature, and where we host authors and guest series.
- We have on-site counseling and student support services through Franciscan Hospital and City Connects.
- We are an extended day school.
Camila Hernandez de Obi-Tabot
186 Glenway Street
Dorchester, MA 02121
8:30 am - 3:10 pm
Early Dismissal, the day before Thanksgiving and last two days of school: 12:40 p.m.
School Type: Traditional