Sarah Greenwood K-8 School
We are a K1-8 school, and pride ourselves in the variety of programs available to our students. We have a dual-language program in grades K1-4 (growing one grade per year), and specialized student support services in our Therapeutic Learning Center. We use Restorative Justice as our guiding philosophy for student and community support.
- We use Lesley University's Literacy Collaborative Initiative and have two coaches that support teachers in literacy instruction. We also have a reading recovery specialist and resource room specialist to support students.
- Our Specialist teachers bring enrichment to our students through Visual Journalism, Music, Physical Education, Science, and Computers.
- We have a brand new bilingual library where our librarian assists students in finding exciting literature, and where we host authors and guest series.
- We have on site counseling and student support services through Franciscan Hospital and City Connects.
- We are an extended day school and have partnerships with Playworks, Girl Scouts, City Year, Sportsman Tennis, America SCORES, Debate, Doc Wayne, YW Girls Health, and Discovering Justice.
Assistant PrincipalAmanda WashingtonClerk186 Glenway StreetMary Campbell
Dorchester, MA 02121
United StatesPhoneFaxSchool Hours8:30 am - 3:30 pm
School Type: Traditional