Protect Yourself From COVID-19
It is important to take special actions to protect yourself and prevent the spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19). Check trusted resources like the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) for up to date information on the virus and how to protect yourself. Check the Massachusetts Department of Public Health (MassDPH) and the City of Boston websites for up-to-date information for the state and the city.
Guidance from the CDC
- Necessary actions to protect yourself and others
- Cleaning and disinfecting your home
- CDC now recommends wearing cloth face coverings in public settings where other social distancing measures are difficult to maintain (e.g., grocery stores and pharmacies), especially in areas of significant community-based transmission.
- Video from the Surgeon General about a quick way to make a mask at home
- Call 2-1-1 to get answers to your questions
- Sign up for text message alerts: Send COVIDMA to 888-777
Tips for Talking to Kids About COVID-19
- Talking to Kids about COVID-19 with video (Child Mind Institute) Available in Spanish
- Helping Children Cope With Changes Resulting From COVID-19 (NASP) Available in English, Spanish, Amheric, Chinese, Korean, French & Vietnamese
- Countering Coronavirus Racism and Stigma (NASP) Available in English and Spanish
Resources for Youth
- Just for Kids: A Comic Exploring the New Coronavirus (Nation Public Radio)
- You have the power to prevent COVID-19 (MassDPH)