Greater Egleston High School
GEHS has a Scholars Academy for 10th/11th graders, College Prep Academy (CPA) for seniors and Online Learners Academy (OLA) for overage students who need to work to support their families, and/or students who are parents or students who have medically related circumstances. The CPA includes a 10-week college immersion program.
Another unique feature of our school is our mission to introduce students to potential careers by exploring and researching careers, selecting a career internship site, and the opportunity to develop skill sets within their career area of interest. Students participate in weekly Career Internships.
- Three separate programs promoting readiness for college and careers: College Prep Academy, Scholars Academy, and Online Learning Academy
- Emphasis on student-centered lessons, leadership, life skills, and collaborative learning
- Use of a diverse range of assessments including portfolios, small collaborative learning projects, exhibitions, individual class assignments, and MCAS
- Family-focused activities: orientations, Student Recognition and Parent/Guardian Successful Partners awards ceremony, and governing board participation
- High percentage rate of college acceptance (90%-100%) annually
- Career internships and apprenticeships throughout Boston
- School research projects, academic challenges, and after school programs
- Instruction aligned with Mass. Common Core, BPS, and Greater Egleston High School standards that promotes learning through critical thinking, research, and ability to articulate ideas
- College level courses at the school and on college campuses
- College counseling and access to college application and enrollment resources
- Admission based on interview and selection process: Contact the school for information.
- Vertex Pharmaceuticals Lab, OrigiNation, uAspire (formerly ACCESS), Boston Cares, UMass Boston, Simmons, Northeastern, MIT, Benjamin Franklin Institute, Endicott College, Children Services of Roxbury, Stanton Foundation, Egleston Square Library, East Coast School of Combined Martial Arts, Arroyo's Program, Music Motivates Me
After school programs
- Governing board, advisory groups, Events Planning Committee, collaboration with OrigiNations
Special admission process
- Admission based on interview and selection process: Contact the school for information
80 School Street
Roxbury, MA 02119
2017-2018 School Year Hours
Mon -Thurs - 8:00 am - 3:00 pm
Fri - 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
Early Dismissal, the day before Thanksgiving and last two days of school: 1:00 p.m.
Grades: 10-12; ages 17-22
School Type: Pilot