Gardner Pilot Academy
Gardner Pilot Academy educates the minds and develops the character of all students in partnership with families and community to ensure all children become socially responsible and achieve academic excellence. The Gardner is committed to providing high quality teaching and learning for all students along with meaningful enrichment opportunities through strong community partnerships. The Gardner Pilot Academy is a Boston Community Hub School.
This year, we are proud to offer after-school, adult education, health services, counseling services, tutoring/mentoring, and character education to our students and families. Gardner Pilot Academy received accreditation from the National Association of Education of Young Children (NAEYC) in 2013.
- A pilot school: Parent and community voice on the governing board to inform budget decisions
- Extended services: before-school, after-school and adult education programming
- Arts opportunities: Friday Arts Program consisting of professional arts opportunities for all students every Friday morning
- Health and Wellness: Playworks program for all students, a full-time school nurse, an on-site health clinic, a full-time school counselor, and full-time City Connects coordinator.
- Family Engagement: five schoolwide events per year to connect families to student learning
- 35 major university and community partners.
Special academic programs
- Fully inclusive school for all students in all grades
Before and after school programs in our building
- Before school, from 7:30 am: available for all students; free. Run by our full-time student interns; focus on engaging clubs to get students ready to learn by 8:30 a.m.
- After school, to 6:00 pm, provided in collaboration with the YMCA of Greater Boston. Weekly fee; scholarships and reduced rates available. High-quality programming provides academic, social and emotional development.
- America SCORES Boston soccer and writing program is available for middle school students in the fall and spring, $25 per season per student
30 Athol Street
Allston, MA 02134
8:30 am - 2:30 pm
Early Dismissal, the day before Thanksgiving and last two days of school: Noon
School Type: Pilot