Lilla G. Frederick Pilot Middle School
Connecting, Learning, Achieving! The mission of Frederick Pilot Middle School is to provide students with a rigorous academic experience while striving to serve the whole child — mind, body, and spirit. Named after the late Lilla G. Frederick, a community activist from the Grove Hall community in Boston, we provide students with access and exposure through community partnership and civic engagement.
In each of our four academies, we have a student support specialist, an academy leader, a learning coach, staff coordinators, and a group of teachers who will work with each family and child to create a plan that supports success. We believe that all students can accomplish high quality work and that their futures depend upon their being successful.
- A pilot school, part of a network of innovative schools with autonomies that support staff and student achievement.
- A school that serves the whole child; mind, body, and spirit A community school, supported by strong partnerships
- Data-driven instruction to support strong outcomes for student learning
- Rigorous academic curriculum enhanced by inquiry, exploration, experience, and hands-on learning
- On-site counseling services available for all students
- Basketball, tennis, lacrosse, wrestling, football, soccer and baseball
- Laptop computers with wireless Internet access for every student, and opportunities for families to own a home computer through Technology Goes Home
- Full-time nurse
- A beautiful, state-of-the-art building with Internet access, gymnasium, ceramics studio, dance studio, choral and instrumental music, and science and technology labs
- Guaranteed assignment for students from the Holmes, Mather and UP Academy Holland.
Special academic programs
- AVID college readiness program
- Transitional Bilingual Education (TBE), Somali Sheltered English Instruction (SEI) program, and Native Language Literacy
- Alliance for Inclusion and Prevention, Big Sisters, My Life My Choice, Grove Hall, Boston Ballet, Boston Rising, Boston Celtics Stay In School, Boston College, Boston University, Simmons College, Exeter School, Playball, Connection with Care, Mass College of Art, Project RIGHT, Tenacity, MetroLacrosse
After school programs in our building
- Tutoring, many sports, clubs, and activities including art, drama, instrumental music, science and math clubs
- Free Saturday tutoring sessions and activities
270 Columbia Road
Dorchester, MA 02121
9:30 am - 3:40 pm
Early Dismissal, the day before Thanksgiving and last two days of school: 1:40 p.m.
School Type: Pilot