Lilla G. Frederick Pilot Middle School
Connecting, Learning, Achieving! The mission of Frederick Pilot Middle School is to provide students with a rigorous academic experience while striving to serve the whole child — mind, body, and spirit. Named after the late Lilla G. Frederick, a community activist from the Grove Hall community in Boston, we provide students with access and exposure through community partnership and civic engagement.
In each of our four academies, we have a student support specialist, an academy leader, a learning coach, staff coordinators, and a group of teachers who will work with each family and child to create a plan that supports success. We believe that all students can accomplish high-quality work and that their futures depend upon their being successful.
- A pilot school, part of a network of innovative schools with autonomies that support staff and student achievement.
- A school that serves the whole child; mind, body, and spirit A community school, supported by strong partnerships
- Data-driven instruction to support strong outcomes for student learning
- Rigorous academic curriculum enhanced by inquiry, exploration, experience, and hands-on learning
- On-site counseling services available for all students
- Basketball, tennis, lacrosse, wrestling, football, soccer and baseball
- Laptop computers with wireless Internet access for every student and opportunities for families to own a home computer through Technology Goes Home
- Full-time nurse
- A beautiful, state-of-the-art building with Internet access, gymnasium, ceramics studio, dance studio, choral and instrumental music, and science and technology labs
- Guaranteed assignment for students from the Holmes, Mather and UP Academy Holland.
Special academic programs
- AVID college readiness program
- Transitional Bilingual Education (TBE), Somali Sheltered English Instruction (SEI) program, and Native Language Literacy
After school programs in our building
- Tutoring, many sports, clubs, and activities including art, drama, instrumental music, science and math clubs
- Free Saturday tutoring sessions and activities
Meghan McGoldrick, Acting Principal
270 Columbia Road
Dorchester, MA 02121
9:30 am - 3:40 pm
Early Dismissal, the day before Thanksgiving and last two days of school: 1:10 p.m.
School Type: Pilot