Fenway High School
Fenway is an outstanding high school with more than 30 years of experience educating Boston youth. We are proud of our national reputation and many awards for innovation and excellence. Our students and faculty teach and learn together in a diverse, respectful community.
Founded in 1983, Fenway became one of Boston’s six original pilot schools in 1994. We do not have an academic admission requirement. Our proven success is largely due to our established set of teaching practices and school structures based on three core principles:
- intellectual challenge
- personalized relationships
- collaborations with outside organizations
- Recognized by the U. S. Department of Education as a Blue Ribbon School
- Three-way approach to education: intellectual challenge, personalized relationships, and collaborations with outside organizations
- Outstanding fully renovated and expanded building
- Extensive use of portfolios, projects, and exhibitions
- Ventures, a six-week internship program for all seniors
- Recognized for success with young men of color and Latino students
- Sheltered English Immersion (SEI) program for Spanish speaking students
- Diverse, respectful, community-spirited students and faculty
- Strong Student Support Team
- Dual enrollment with Emmanuel and Fisher colleges and Wentworth Institute of Technology
- Student group advisories: students form strong bonds with staff and classmates over four years together
- Special admission process: call the school or go to www.fenwayhs.org/admissions.
67 Alleghany Street
Roxbury, MA 02120
8:45-3:35 M-W-Th; 8:45-2:25 Tues.; 8:45-1:05 Fri.
Early Dismissal, the day before Thanksgiving and last two days of school: 1:05 p.m.
School Type: Pilot