English High School
Students entering grade 9 at English High School will embark on a journey to understand their unique interests, perspectives, and learning styles with each student developing an individual educational and career plan. They will have the opportunity to explore careers in: Business/Finance/Entrepreneurship, Computer Programming/Robotics, Graphic Communications/Broadcasting and the Arts, and Health and Wellness/Fitness.
Rising 10th grade students will have the opportunity to hone their skills and build valuable knowledge while earning rigorous and in-demand industry-recognized credentials as they earn their high school diploma and prepare for post-secondary options.
We offer students a wide selection of Advance Placement and Media Arts courses, a championship winner baseball and volleyball teams, and a strong alumni association that gives scholarships to students.
Our wonderful staff and faculty are committed to student development and academic success.
- The oldest public high school in the United States, founded in 1821
- Four technical pathways where students earn industry recognized credentials and certifications: Business, Finance & Entrepreneurship; Design & Visual Communications; Health Assisting & Wellness; and Programming & Web Development
- Advanced Placement courses in English, Spanish, and chemistry
- Comprehensive English language learning (ELL) program that includes literacy courses in Spanish
- Student Support Team that provides academic assistance and counseling
- Extensive extra curricular programs, musical productions, sports, Boston Debate League, homework help and many others.
- Walking distance to Forest Hills and Green Street MBTA stations and to bus #42
- Boston Scholar Athletes, Private Industry Council, City Year, Communities in School, Write Boston, Passport to College, uAspire, Summer Search and Upward Bound.
A. Freda Johnson
144 McBride Street
Jamaica Plain, MA 02130
2017-2018 School Hours
7:20 am - 2:20 pm
Early Dismissal, the day before Thanksgiving and last two days of school: 12:20 p.m.
School Type: Traditional