East Boston Early Education Center
The East Boston EEC offers a surround care program in which children stay until 4:35 pm. Our school provides a balanced early literacy program for two hours every day, sixty minutes of math, and Writers’ Workshop. Children participate in whole and small group activities.
This year, we are working with the Museum of Fine Arts on a Visual Thinking Strategies project (VTS). VTS teaches thinking through art observations and discussion. We also have a partnership with Tufts University’s Eliot-Pearson Department of Child Development to work with children and teachers on robotics. This program explores the creation of novel human computer interaction techniques with technology in early elementary schools. The students develop their own robots and, in the process, they learn how to program a computer to execute a series of tasks.
- Extended day program for all students from 7:30 am to 4:35 pm
- Accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC), the nation’s leading organization of early childhood professionals
- Support for at-risk students through Reading Recovery, in-school tutoring, and computerized reading programs
- Classroom libraries with more than 500 books
- Literacy-based program integrating music and science into all subject areas
- Robotics and engineering program
- Computers in every class, as well as in the library and staff rooms
- Media Center
- Math lending library with more than 200 games and books for families to take home
- Weekly take-home book program, Reading Is Fundamental (RIF) book distributions, and workshops to promote parent support at home.
Special academic programs
- Five Early Childhood (K0/K1) classrooms
- Inclusion programs for K2 and grade 1 where children with and without disabilities learn together with individual support
- Boston College Lynch School of Education, Embassy Suites Hotel, Harvard Graduate School of Education, Museum of Fine Arts, Tufts University Eliot-Pearson School, Kingsley Montessori, Museum of Fine Arts, ARCK (Art Resource Collaborative for Kids)
Before and after school programs in our building
- Free surround care, 7:30 am to 4:35 pm. After school program continues the academic day with projects and monthly themes, arts and crafts, dramatic play, songs, and cooking.
Contact the EBEEC
135 Gove Street
East Boston, MA 02128
School Hours7:30 a.m. - 4:35 p.m.
Level: Early Childhood
School Type: Traditional