Dorchester Academy students have an opportunity to choose from a variety of college and career pathways that include Business, Finance, Economics, and Marketing; and Visual, Creative, and Performing Arts. All pathways ensure that graduates are college-ready.
Our signature courses, with their emphasis on citizenship, financial literacy and employability skills, are essential to our mission. students may choose to participate in AVID, and intensive college-preparation program that provides students mentoring, as well. we also offer dual enrollment in local colleges and universities, so eligible students can earn college credit.
What makes our school special
- AVID college readiness program for student achievement
- BSA: an SAT prep program with a college readiness component
- Emerging Leaders Program: student leadership group and counsel
- An excellent arts program featuring visual arts, theater arts, and media arts
- An excellent business and entrepreneur program featuring TJX’s Youth Business Institute
- Thriving athletics program offering football, basketball, baseball, volleyball, soccer, cheer leading, softball, wrestling, and track (indoor and outdoor)
- The Boston Scholar Athlete (BSA) Bear Zone, a student-athlete study and support center
- A Homework Center to support students who want (or need) extra help doing and understanding homework
- Special education services based on an inclusion model: students with and without disabilities learn together with individualized support
- UMass Boston, Suffolk, Bunker Hill CC, Roxbury CC, Benjamin Franklin Institute of Technology, Wentworth, Mass. College of Art & Design/sparc! the ArtMobile.
11 Charles St.
Dorchester, MA 02122
Phone617-635-9730Fax617-635-88472017-2018 School Hours8:00 a.m. - 2:50 p.m.
Early Dismissal, day before Thanksgiving and last two days of school: 1:32 p.m.
School Type: Traditional