Dever Elementary School
The Dever serves families from diverse cultural, economic, and linguistic backgrounds. We believe all students deserve access to a world-class education that will allow them to excel in college, careers, and beyond. As part of our turnaround efforts, the Dever team is creating a safe, collaborative atmosphere where students, staff, parents, and the community are respected, appreciated, encouraged, and supported.
We have a talented team of teachers and leaders who are committed to providing individualized supports to meet the diverse learning needs of our students. We maintain a culture of high expectations for academic excellence, and we aim to see all students reach their full potential.
What makes our school special
- Dever Elementary has an extended school day, serving students from 7:30 am – 3:30 pm
- Universal free breakfast, lunch, and snack program
- 1:1 Student-to- Chromebook access
- Welcoming bilingual environment
- Spanish language program provides the opportunity for content-rich Spanish language development for students
- Therapeutic Learning Community provides 40 students with social-emotional support
- Arts integration
- State of the art piano lab
- Newly opened library
- Specialty areas include: technology, physical education, music, piano lab, Spanish, and visual arts
- 14 plus languages spoken at the Dever
- Full-time nursing services
- Full-time family community specialist - CityConnects
- 2 instructional deans to coach teachers
- Partnership with Dorchester’s Boys and Girls Club for an after-school program
- Strong community connections with Harbor Point Development
- Community partnerships
- Guaranteed assignment to the McCormack Middle School.
Special academic programs
- Special education staff serves students in each grade
- Before and after school programs in our building
325 Mt. Vernon Street
Dorchester, MA 02125
7:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m. Mon., Tues., Thurs., Fri.
7:30 a.m. - 12:45 p.m. Wed.
Early Dismissal, the day before Thanksgiving and last two days of school: Noon
School Type: Traditional