Conley Elementary School
The Conley is a small, urban school, located in a diverse residential neighborhood in Roslindale. We have a newly renovated, spacious, playground with a new, beautiful, mural, an amphitheater, and an outdoor classroom. Our faculty is composed of dynamic, motivated, caring, and highly skilled educators who have high expectations for themselves and our students.
Our staff works as a team to ensure that all of our students meet their academic and socio-emotional potential. We pride ourselves on maintaining a rigorous, fun, and safe school environment that is conducive to learning. All of our students and families feel welcomed and are vital members of our learning community. We strive to develop the "whole child" through a robust arts program, different health and wellness programs, socio-emotional supports, and access to different technologies.
- A safe and nurturing learning environment
- A great schoolyard with a new playground structure and outdoor amphitheater
- Science, art, music, physical education, and math specialties
- Technology: All students in grades 2-5 have their own Google Chrome book, and students in K0 -grade 1 have access to iPads.
- Tutors from Boston Partners in Education and student teachers from Boston University, Lesley University, and UMass Boston
- Schoolwide home reading program and Reading Is Fundamental (RIF) book giveaways
- On-site counseling available for all students and free tutoring for at-risk students
- Active School Parent Council
- Weekly parent newsletter and monthly calendar
- Tech Goes Home program: computer classes for parents and children, with the opportunity for families to buy a computer
- Four family nights: Science at the Children’s Museum, Family Math, Literacy, and Art.
Special academic programs
- Integrated Early Childhood
- Special Education Primary Transition Class (PTC)
- Special Education Intellectually Impaired /Moderate
Before and after school programs in our building
- Before school: for all students in K2-grade 5, every school day from 7:15 to 8:15 in the cafeteria. Homework help, movement breaks, and peer tutoring. $5 per day.
- After school: provided by the YMCA for K2-grade 5, every school day from 2:30 to 6:00. Families have an option for their children to participate in 1-5 days a week. The cost runs on a sliding scale.
450 Poplar Street
Roslindale, MA 02131
8:30 a.m. - 3:10 p.m.
Early Dismissal, the day before Thanksgiving and last two days of school: 12:40 p.m.
School Type: Traditional