Community Academy of Science and Health
The Community Academy of Science and Health (CASH) is a small, college-prep high school. Our mission is to prepare students from diverse backgrounds to pursue advanced studies and careers in the fields of science and health. Student voice is critical in the development, implementation, and review of our practices.
Community partners offer internships and career opportunities for the integration of our school's theme. CASH's diverse population will provide an infusion of well-prepared, multilingual young adults into the fields of science and health. Courses offered by CASH and partnering universities support academic rigor to prepare students to exceed the standards.
- A small, college preparatory high school with a personalized environment focused on science and health
- Highly qualified staff committed to all students learning at higher levels
- Pathways to Prosperity dual enrollment/early college access program, internships, and school-to-career opportunities
- School-based college fairs and visits to local colleges that emphasize science and health careers paths
- Model UN, buildOn, BUILD, medical science program with Harvard University
- Tech Goes Home: students and parents take computer classes together and receive a no-interest loan to buy a computer
- 55-minute instructional blocks in all subjects
- Six Advanced Placement courses
- Many “extras” including health and wellness seminars, athletic programs, extracurricular activities, and extended day academic enrichment
- Support from school and community support coordinators
- Boston University Upward Bound Program
11 Charles Street
Dorchester, MA 02122
7:30 a.m. - 1:50 p.m.
Early Dismissal, the day before Thanksgiving and last two days of school: 11:20 a.m.
School Type: Regular