Chittick Elementary School
The Chittick School is a small school that provides a safe, nurturing, academically challenging environment. We empower all of our children to believe and achieve. We offer physical education, music instruction, technology and visual arts to all of our children. Our school has a Highly Specialized Autistic Strand for students on the autism spectrum. We have a 2-hour literacy block and a 90-minute math block. We have a bookstore every Thursday morning for our students to buy books and we offer workshops for helping parents with reading at home.
- A small school with a warm, nurturing atmosphere that provides an academically challenging environment, empowering all children to believe, achieve and succeed.
- Bookstore every Thursday for our students to purchase books for home reading.
- Second Step, a program that helps students develop strategies for conflict resolution
- After school enrichment programs and tutoring in math and reading
- Strong Parent Council
- Monthly newsletters and student planners to help keep parents informed about classroom and schoolwide activities
- New computer lab, music specialist, physical education specialist, and visual arts program
- Playworks program to encourage safe, healthy playtime
- Tech Goes Home program
Special academic programs
- Specialized program for autistic students
After school programs in our building
- An on-site after-school program is facilitated by the Hyde Park YMCA, from 3:10-6:00 PM, for students ages 5-13.
154 Ruskindale Road
Hyde Park, MA 02136
8:30 a.m. - 3:10 p.m.
Early Dismissal, the day before Thanksgiving and last two days of school: 12:40 p.m.
School Type: Regular