Superintendent Community Tour Recap
Students, families, staff and community members were our inspiration and collaborators for this strategic plan. During the fall of 2019, the superintendent and district staff conducted an extensive process of community engagement to receive input and ideas from a broad range of community members to help shape our vision. Superintendent Cassellius visited every BPS school, hosted dozens of meetings and attended dozens of other community meetings and events to hear from all of you.
What did community members discuss most frequently?
- Modernized schools buildings with gymnasiums, libraries, cafeterias, fine arts centers, and H-VAC systems
- Fair and equitable funding across schools
- Clear and predictable pathways from birth to graduation
- Reliable and accessible transportation and effective operations
- A caring and competent staff reflective of our students
- A rigorous and culturally affirming student-centered curriculum
- Close the gap and improve programming for English Language Learners, and students with disabilities
- Social-emotional skill development and trauma-informed mental health supports
- Access to a full range of programming including arts, physical education, athletics, tutoring during and outside of school
- Technology for all students