Appendix A: Publicly Available Data
Overview of Boston Public Schools
- BPS At a Glance
- Facts and Figures
- Boston District Profile
- BPS School Profiles
- School Performance Data Overviews
- Data and Reports produced by the Office of Data and Accountability
Standardized test results
- MCAS results by school and district, with options to disaggregate by subgroup and grade level
- PARCC results by school and district, with options to disaggregate by subgroup
- NAEP results
Student Enrollment and Indicators
- Enrollment by Grade - Number of students by grade
- Enrollment by Kindergarten - Enrollment by Kindergarten
- Enrollment by Race/Gender - Percent of public school students by race and gender.
- Enrollment by Selected Population - Number and percent of public school students in subgroups: First Language Not English (FLNE), English Language Learners (ELL),Students with Disabilities, Economically Disadvantaged, High needs, and Free Lunch and Reduced Lunch
- Mobility Rate Report - Students transferring into or out of public schools, districts or the state.
- Student Attendance and Retention
- Student Discipline - Student Discipline data is reported from the Student Safety and Discipline Report (SSDR)
- Student Discipline Days Missed Report - Student Discipline Days Missed Report
- School-specific reports can be found on a school’s profile page within the BPS School Directory.
High School and Postsecondary Data
- Advanced Placement Participation - Number of students who took one or more an Advanced Placement exams for each subject.
- Advanced Placement Performance - Number of students who received each possible score on the Advanced Placement exam for each subject.
- Dropout Report - This report provides the percentage of Massachusetts public high school graduates who drop out of high school.
- Graduates Attending Higher Ed. - Graduates Attending Higher Ed.
- Graduation Rates - Percent of students who graduate with a regular high school diploma within 4 or 5 years by student group.
- MassCore - The Massachusetts High School Program of Studies (MassCore) is intended to help our state's high school graduates arrive at college or the workplace well prepared and reduce the number of students taking remedial courses in college.
- Plans of High School Grads
- SAT Performance