Boston Latin School
Boston Latin School, founded in 1635, is the oldest school in the United States, serving an economically and culturally diverse population of students in grades 7 to 12. BLS seeks to ground its students in a contemporary classical education to be prepared for successful college studies, responsible and engaged citizenship, and rewarding life.
Latin School has an honors curriculum. All courses represent a challenging academic experience. In addition to the regular course offerings, the school offers 24 different Advanced Placement courses. We have safety nets in place to ensure that our students successfully complete our rigorous academic program safety nets are in place. An orientation program takes place in the summer before admission to familiarize students and parents with the school and its curriculum. During the course of the school year, after school tutorial sessions are provided for students in need of assistance. Saturday Success School provides at-risk students with both mentoring and tutoring assistance every Saturday. Faculty, upper-level students and alumni provide tutoring assistance. Grade 7 and grade 8 students are grouped into small learning communities to ease the young students’ transition into the demanding academic environment of Boston Latin School.
What makes our school special
- The oldest school in the U.S., founded in 1635
- Serving an economically and culturally diverse population
- Examination school: Admission to grades 7 and 9 based on test scores and grade point average
- Challenging honors curriculum with 24 different Advanced Placement courses in addition to regular course offerings
- Small Learning Communities for grades 7 and 8 to ease the transition into BLS’s demanding academic environment
- School-based supports for students at all levels, as well as a linkage with Children’s Hospital to help students, parents, and faculty with adolescent issues
- Many awards
- Outstanding choral and instrumental music. Some musicians have been selected to perform with the Boston Pops
- 99 percent college acceptances
- Extensive extracurricular, athletic, community service and artistic opportunities
- Active parent participation on the School Site Council, School Parent Council, and Home & School Association; and many parent volunteers in the school
Special academic programs
- Honors and Advanced Placement courses in all subjects
After school programs in our building
- Sports, clubs, service and cultural organizations, music, drama
78 Avenue Louis Pasteur
Boston, MA 02115
email@example.comPhone617-635-8895Fax617-635-7883School Hours7:45 a.m.-2:15 p.m.
Early Dismissal, the day before Thanksgiving and last two days of school: 11:45 a.m.
School Type: Exam