Boston International High School
A high school specifically designed to serve a diverse student body of English Language Learners
What makes us special
- College preparatory curriculum designed to teach students English while also teaching rigorous content
- Newcomers Academy, a program for students newly arrived in the U.S. who have little or no schooling in their home country or whose education has been interrupted
- A dedicated staff that reflects the cultural and linguistic diversity of the students and communicates effectively with families and community partners
- Vibrant after school and Saturday programs offering academic support and enrichment
- Brand new biology and chemistry labs providing hands-on learning
- Arts programming offered in collaboration with Sociedad Latina and Youth and Family Enrichment Services
- University connections including Talented and Gifted (TAG) Latino program with UMass Boston and Refugee Youth Summer Enrichment (RYSE) with Harvard University
- Well-rounded athletics programs for boys and girls offering soccer, volleyball, basketball, and baseball
- SAT preparation for 11th graders after school
Additional school partners
- 826 Boston, Aim High tutoring, Boston College, Write Boston, Youth & Family Enrichment Services (YOFES), and Urbano
Special admission process
- Students are assigned based on results of an English language placement test
- For information, call the BPS Roxbury Welcome Center, 617-635-9010
100 Maxwell St.
Dorchester, MA 02124
8:00 a.m.-2:30 p.m. Mon.-Thurs.,
8:00 a.m.-1:55 p.m. Fri.
Early Dismissal, the day before Thanksgiving and last two days of school: 12:00 p.m.
School Type: Regular