All families should think about how they can continue their child’s learning through the summer! Many of our students regress 2-3 months during the summer break. Let’s work to get our student ready to start running when school begins in September.
Some educational websites the Sumner Specialist teachers recommend are:
- The Kids Should See This (http://thekidshouldseethis.com/)
- Kate’s Tumbler (msk21cclass.tumblr.com)
- Ology @org(http://www.amnh.org/explore/ology/ology-cards)
- For younger students, Peep and The Big Wide World (http://peepandthebigwideworld.com)
- Several sites for kids to use (kidsites.com/sites-edu/math.htm) for grades K thru 8
- Khan Academy (khanacademy.org/math) for grades 3 thru12
- Hooda Math (www.com) for grades K thru 8)
- Arcademics (arcademics.com/games/) for grades K thru 6
- MathPlayground (mathplayground.com)
Look for information in student packages given out on Step-Up Day in June.