Boston Green Academy
Founded in 2011, Boston Green Academy’s mission is to prepare all students—especially those who struggle—for success in college or the 21st century “green economy.” As a Horace Mann in-district charter school, Boston Green Academy (BGA) has increased autonomy and accountability to increase student achievement during its five-year charter.BGA offers an innovative curriculum, excellent supports for students with disabilities, a strong advisory and student support program, and partnerships with museums, colleges, and businesses throughout the city. Our excellent college and career counseling is offered as a class for all juniors and seniors, while all students participate in three electives per semester in our support and enrichment program and a weekly assembly with guest speakers and programs.
What makes our school special:
- A Horace Mann Charter School, part of the Boston Public Schools, while also having the freedom and accountability for results that Commonwealth Charter Schools enjoy
- Preparation for all students – especially those who have struggled – to be leaders in environmental stewardship and activism, to live their lives responsibly and sustainably, and to be prepared to succeed in the growing “green” economy
- “Green” theme woven through all courses
- Science courses including physics, biology, chemistry and ap environmental science, as well as internships and projects
- Humanities courses that combine literacy and social studies
- Support course in literacy and math for 9th graders who need extra help
- Spanish as a world language required in grades 9-10
- Arts, sports, and entrepreneurship
- After school tutoring, clubs, SAT preparation, student government, sports and internships
Special admission process:
- Enrollment by lottery; all students living in Boston eligible to apply
- More information and application forms: www.bostongreenacademy.org
Special academic programs:
- Advanced Placement (AP) and honors courses in high school
After school programs:
- Tutoring, SAT prep and college application support, exciting clubs, activities and student government, sports, and academic support for student-athletes; internships throughout Boston with our many partners
20 Warren St.
Brighton, MA 02135
8:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m. Mon., Tues., Thurs., Fri.
8:00 a.m.- Noon Wednesday
Early Dismissal, the day before Thanksgiving and last two days of school: 12:30 p.m.
School Type: Horace Mann (In-District) Charter School