Boston Community Leadership Academy
BCLA offers a rigorous college preparatory program with college acceptance as a graduation requirement. Our pilot school focuses on developing future scholar leaders through community service learning and adherence to rigorous academic, social and civic expectations. We meet every student at his/her level and prepare them to be successful in college. Courses include AP classes, world languages, and the arts. Seniors take part in Capstone Projects requiring action research in their communities. Students voice is valuable and informs our school practices and policies.
What Makes Our School Special:
- A pilot school with a college preparatory curriculum and community leadership theme
- Academic requirements for all students: exhibitions, portfolio presentations, and structured community service learning through a Senior Capstone Project
- Athletic program with New Mission High School
- AP courses: English composition, calculus, world history, psychology, literature, and statistics
- Personalized education including advisory program and Learning Support Team
- Aim High tutoring program with Boston Partners in Education
- After school programs for grade 9
- Partnerships with Boston Medical Center and Home for Little Wanderers
- Open house, teacher conferences, and support meetings
Special admission process: Call the school to schedule a tour and/or interview.
- Partners: Boston Teacher Residency, Hyde Park YMCA, Mass Insight, Summer Search, Tenacity,Write Boston
Special admission processCall the school to schedule a tour and/or interview
Contact the BCLA
HeadmasterDr. Francine Locker
655 Metropolitan Avenue
Hyde Park, MA 02136
School Hours7:55 a.m.-2:25 p.m.Early Dismissal, the day before Thanksgiving and last two days of school: 11:55 p.m.
School Type: Traditional