Mental Health Partners
- Individual therapy (1 on 1)
- Consultation with classroom teachers
- Clinician members of Academic Achievement Student Support Teams
Health and Wellness
- Organized and active recess
- Classroom game times
- Junior Coaching and Leadership Academy
- Girls’ Basketball and Co-ed Volleyball
Boston Scores (previously known as America Scores)
- Writing & Soccer program offered in the spring and fall for 3rd through 5th grades.
- BSA is helping with the K2 Construction unit.
- BSA also played an instrumental role in the redesign and improvement of our schoolyard which opened Fall 2019.
- 3rd-6th grade students learn instruments with Berklee Outreach Faculty
- Piano, Percussion
Brimmer and May
- Before school Brimmer and May high school students work with Sumner students in Drama and Creative Arts. Students are given tickets and transportations to plays such as Willy Wonka, Alice and Wonderland etc.
Elliot School of Fine and Applied Arts (Roslindale Arts Initiative)
- Provide opportunities for all Roslindale students to have art education
- Collaboration and support for Visual Arts Teachers
- 4th & 5gh Grade Clubs in: Woodworking, Comic Design, Fiber Arts
- Lecture Series for 4th and 5th grade students
- Opportunities for students to attend musical/dance shows/concerts
- Free ESL learning opportunities for Sumner parents
- Collected supplies for teachers
- Provide Art Studio Space
- Sumner collecting for food pantry
- Meeting space
- Holiday meals for families in need