Beethoven Elementary School
The Beethoven is a friendly and welcoming school environment for both our students and their families. Our community reaches beyond the classroom and we strive to have our students think about the world around them. Within the walls of the school, we work hard every day and "Learn with Joy!"The Beethoven School provides a variety of activities and services that enrich our academic program. Specialists in computers, music, physical education, science, and artwork with our students.
We are preparing our children to be successful in a number of ways. Literacy and math are the major focus of our curriculum. Children are required to write in every curriculum area. Our teachers are involved in professional development programs to add strategies which result in the deepening of their practice and the instruction they deliver to all student every day. Our school has been recognized nationally for our home reading program. The Beethoven is a Boston College, Curry College, and Northeastern University partnership site for the training of student teachers.
All classrooms are connected to the Internet. We have a computer lab with 25 new laptop computers, and we have one computer for every four students in the school.
Our parent council is very active and sponsors events such as a summer play date, movie night, craft fair and an international night. Our children and community take pride in the appearance of our school. Our school building is bright and clean. We have a beautifully landscaped schoolyard and a great playground that our children enjoy daily.
What Makes Our School Special:
- Specialists in computers, music, physical education, and art
- A nationally recognized home reading program
- Very active parent volunteers
- Speech therapy, occupational therapy, and counseling
- Mentors and student teachers from Boston College, Curry, and Northeastern
- Support network for students who are having difficulties
- Bright, clean building with a beautifully landscaped schoolyard and a great playground
- Guaranteed assignment to Ohrenberger grade 3.
Special academic programs:
- Special education, 1 class per grade
- English learners: Sheltered English Instruction (SEI), 1 class per grade
- Boston College, Boston Jewish Coalition for Literacy, Chestnut Hill Realty, EdVestors Federation, West Roxbury Evening Garden Club, Curry College, Action for Boston Community Development (ABCD), Making Music Matters!, Northeastern University, Home for Little Wanderers
Before and after school programs in our building:
- Before school, from 7:00: $6 per day
- After school, 2:30 to 5:30: $20 per day
5125 Washington Street
West Roxbury, MA 02132
2017-2018 School Hours
8:30 a.m.-3:10 p.m.
Early Dismissal, the day before Thanksgiving and last two days of school: 1:10 p.m.
School Type: Traditional