How do I make an in-kind donation to the Boston Public Schools?
- To donate in-kind products or services, please contact our office at firstname.lastname@example.org . We can let you know if your gift matches a current school or departmental need.
How do I make a monetary donation to the Boston Public Schools?
- Visit www.bedf.org/donate-now/ and make your online gift.
- To give by check, mail check to:
Boston Public Schools
Attn: Russell Hansen
Development and Partnerships Office
2300 Washington Street, 6th Floor
Boston, MA 02119
Make sure to indicate any designation of your gift on the Memo line.
- BPS can not accept cash gifts via mail.
- To give through other means (wire transfer, stocks, annuities, etc.) please contact email@example.com.
How do I volunteer at BPS?
- The Boston Public Schools offers a limited number of school need-based volunteer opportunities on set dates throughout the year. Please fill out the InvestBPS Registration Form to indicate your interest in volunteering.
- For all other service projects, we encourage you to reach out to one of the many volunteer mobilization organizations that we partner with closely, including Boston Cares, Boston Partners in Education, Building Impact, or the United Way.
For more information, visit https://www.bostonpublicschools.org/Page/2209
How do I become a BPS Partner?
- Companies that are interested in providing financial support to BPS schools or for district initiatives should contact Zrocco@bostonpublicschools.org
- Organizations interested in providing services to BPS students should visit www.partnerbps.org and follow the registration instructions.
How do I sign up to receive alumni information?
- Sign up here to join our BPS Alumni Network!
In-Kind donation Request
How does my school request an In-Kind donation?
- Fill out this form. While we will do our best to match your request, we can not guarantee that we will be able to meet your request.
How does my school find grants to apply for?
- Visit the BPS Current Grant Opportunities document. You can also find options through search engines, databases, and toolkits.
I would like to apply for a grant – what is the first step?
- Once you’ve identified a student or school need and a potential funding source, you are required to fill out the online Intent to Apply Form. If you still have questions, reach out to Russell Hansen, Manager of Foundation & Corporate Relations, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 617-635-6421.
Will you write a grant for my school or organization?
- No. Due to volume, Development and Partnership staff is not able to write a grant for you. We are happy to provide you with guides, templates, and workshops to help you write your own grant. We can also provide referrals to professional grant writers you can hire.
My school/department received a grant. How do I make sure we are properly tracking activities?
- Work with BPS Office of Grants and External Funding or BEDF to ensure that the grant is being spent down in the proper manner.
- The BPS Office of Data and Accountability can help provide metrics for reporting.