• Our building at 77 Lawrence Avenue was built in 1937 and was originally named the Patrick T. Campbell School. Campbell had previously been the distinguished headmaster at Boston Latin School and the Superintendent of Schools.

    king old

    On April 22, 1965, Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. addressed a crowd on the front steps of our building which was still called the Patrick T. Campbell school at that time. (pictured below)

     MLK on the steps

    The school was renamed on April 11, 1968 to honor Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. who had been assassinated the previous week on April 4.