SY 2019-20 Opportunity Portfolio for STEM and Literacy
The Opportunity Portfolio is a key strategy for identifying and increasing equitable access to quality learning opportunities. It is the aim of the SY 2019-20 Opportunity Portfolio to identify Partner Programs that provide services in one of the following categories:
- STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics)
Please view eligibility requirements and descriptions of the SY 2019 -20 Opportunity Portfolio service categories here.
Step One: Intent to Apply
To indicate their intent to apply to the Opportunity Portfolio, applicants must do the following by July 2, 2019:
- Complete PartnerBPS organization and program registration. If you're not a registered organization, please register here.
- Complete the Intent to Apply form.
Upon submission, BPS will review the applicant’s Intent to Apply to determine if the applicant meets the following minimum qualifications:
- Partner offers programming in one of the following service categories (as indicated by their program description on PartnerBPS.org):
- Technology (including Computer Science)
- Partner has delivered the program or service in the City of Boston, Boston Public Schools (BPS) and/or a similar urban setting for at least two years.
Applicants that meet the minimum qualifications will be invited to complete Step Two of the application process. Applicants that do not meet the minimum qualifications will not be invited to complete Step Two. All applicants will be notified of whether or not they will advance to Step Two via email by July 15, 2019.
Step Two: Written Application
All applicants who met the minimum qualifications of Step One will be invited to complete Step Two of the application process which will require applicants to complete the following by August 15, 2019 :
- Complete the written application on PartnerBPS.org.
- Complete Annual SY 2019-20 PartnerBPS organization, programs, and partnership registration.
After applications are submitted on August 15, 2019, the application will go through a thorough vetting and assessment process to determine if applicants are accepted into the Opportunity Portfolio. Applicants will be notified of whether or not they have been accepted into the Opportunity Portfolio by September 20, 2019.
June 11 & June 28: Information Sessions @ 9:30 AM, Bolling Building, 6th Floor
July 2: Deadline to complete Intent to Apply
July 15: Notification of application status and receipt of written application for eligible applicants
July 16, 24, August 9: Application Support Sessions
- July 16: Application Support/Assistance, 2-13 (A&B)
- July 24: Application Support/Assistance, 2-13 (A&B)
- August 9: Application Support/Assistance, 6-65
August 15: Deadline to complete written application
September 20: Opportunity Portfolio Programs selected and announced