About The Opportunity Portfolio
Boston Public Schools (BPS) launched the Opportunity Portfolio as a key strategy for identifying and increasing equitable access to quality learning opportunities. The Opportunity Portfolio uses a comprehensive vetting and assessment process to identify exceptional School-Community Partners called Portfolio Partners that provide quality learning opportunities called Portfolio Programs. BPS provides Portfolio Partners with a variety of supports intended to grow their Portfolio Programs.
- Click here to see the list of current Portfolio Programs.
- Click here to see the SY 2018-19 Opportunity Portfolio Catalog.
How It Works
- Invite to Apply: BPS identifies service categories that advance strategic priorities to close opportunity gaps. BPS then releases an Invitation to Apply to School-Community Partners. Interested School-Community Partners apply to The Portfolio.
- Vet and Assess: BPS completes a comprehensive vetting and assessment process for each applicant. This process uses a framework, which includes BPS Quality Standards for School-Community Partners.
- Select Portfolio: BPS selects exceptional School-Community Partners that provide learning opportunities that meet or exceed quality standards into The Portfolio. Applicants that do not meet quality standards are not selected into The Portfolio.
- Grow Portfolio: BPS provides Portfolio Partners with a variety of supports intended to increase access to their Portfolio Programs.
- Report Results: BPS collects and analyzes data from each Portfolio Partner to measure and publish impact reports for each Portfolio Program and the collective impact of The Portfolio.
Why become a Portfolio Partner?
Portfolio Partners will receive a variety of supports intended to increase access to their Portfolio Programs. Portfolio Partners may receive the following supports:
- Eligibility for BPS district and school partnership funding
- Access to data that support programmatic outcomes
- Promotion of program to schools, students, and families
- Brokering of partnerships with schools
- Technical assistance and professional development