Samuel Adams Elementary School
The Samuel Adams Elementary School is a small learning community in East Boston overlooking Piers Park and the Boston Harbor. We have a deeply caring, committed staff who work hard to ensure that all students are on a path to being college and career ready.
What makes our school special:
- A historic school overlooking Piers Park. We have the best view in Boston!
- Early adopters of the Core Aligned Literacy Modules in grades 3-6 and the Focus on First Grade 1 curriculum
- Oral language development support in K1 and K2
- Enrichment programs in music and art
- A Parent Council with elected officers, parent representatives on School Site Council, and two teachers who serve as the school’s Family and Student Engagement Coordinators.
- Many activities for parents including Kindergarten Orientation, Open House, Family Academic Nights, parent workshops, and family potluck suppers
- Physical education, computer, science, and theater as special programs for students
- After school programs to support students
- A full-time ESL teacher to provide additional support for our English Language Learner
Special academic programs:
- K1-2 SEI (Sheltered English Instruction) program and a hybrid (general education and SEI) strand in Grades K1-6
- Highly specialized autism strand in Grades K0-6
After school programs in our building:
- After school program until 6:00 PM operated by YMCA (fee) for students ages 5 and older.
- For grades 4-6: Theatre Club, and Typing Club which each meets after school once per week.
Joanna McKeigue Cruz
165 Webster Street
East Boston, MA 02128
617-635-7822School Hours7:30 a.m.-2:10 p.m.Early Dismissal, the day before Thanksgiving and last two days of school: 11:40 p.m.