Interpretation Request Guidelines
- Interpretation requests should be submitted a minimum of 2 weeks prior to the date of service.
- Interpretation services are available for both General Education and Special Education events, including but not limited to: parent-teacher meetings, student conferences, screenings, Individualized Education Plan (IEP) & 504 meetings, school enrollment, dissemination of information specific to school activities and programs, etc.
- ASL interpretation requests should be submitted as early as possible (3 to 4 weeks prior) for best chances of securing services.
- In emergency instances (e.g. medical emergencies, criminal activities, etc.) ASL interpretation services can be requested with less than 24 to 48 hour notice but fulfillment of said request is not guaranteed.
- Special Education meetings (i.e. IEP & evaluations) should be requested at the earliest in order to secure services.
- To eliminate the number of interpretation cancellations or no shows, we ask you do the following:
- Confirm parent attendance two days before the scheduled event.
- If a parent is not attending, promptly inform the agency and the Translation and Interpretation Unit (email@example.com) of the cancellation. Cancellation confirmations need to be confirmed 24 hours before the date of service in order to not be charged.
Cancelling Interpretation Requests
If after securing an interpreter you need to cancel the service, please email the agency/vendor in question as soon as possible, CCing firstname.lastname@example.org. When cancelling please provide the below listed information:
- Request Submittal Number
- Requester Name
- Requester Telephone Number
- School or Department
- Date and time of interpretation appointment
- Language(s) requested
If you have your confirmation, you can also send that with a request to cancel to the appropriate agency.