The Hub & ESS
The Hub and ESS (Employee Self Service) are the main employee systems for the City of Boston. Employee records, including financial and human capital, are managed within the Hub and all staff can access their personal information using ESS. Staff can also reset their BPS password directly using the "Forgot Password" link on ESS/Hub and that will update their BPS password in all systems.
- Email Scams Training Video (5 mins)
- Phishing Test: Can you spot a real and a fake website?
- Phishing Test: Can you spot a real and a fake email?
- Tech Issues Listserv - Sign up for alerts of tech issues, including phishing scams
If you are having problems logging in, we recommend trying the following:
1. Check to make sure your BPS password has not expired. If you login to the Hub (https://hub.boston.gov), you will be prompted to change your password if it has expired. Try logging in to ESS with your new password.
2. Try using Incognito mode of your browser.
3. Email us or call the Help Desk (x9200) and we can take a look at your security permissions to make sure you have the correct access.