You may reset your password using one of the following methods:
1. Login to The HUB (hub.boston.gov) with your BPS ID number and old password.
- If your password has expired, you will be prompted to reset and create a new password.
- If you forgot your password, click the "Forgot Password."
- You will be prompted to answer the Security Questions that you selected.
- After answering them correctly, you will be able to create a new password.
2. Call the BPSTechnology Help Desk at 617-635-9200 and we can assist you over the phone to reset your password after answering some security questions.
Keychain Access Issues
After resetting your password on your Macbook (L4L), sometimes a Keychain Window pops up that keeps asking you to enter your password. Follow the steps below to remove the window.
- Click on your applications folder on your Mac.
- Find the Self Service Icon.
- Log in with your username and password.
- Find the Keychain Delete App.
- Follow prompts.
Existing BPS Employee:
Passwords expire every 90 days.
To reset your password, go to The HUB.New BPS Employee:New hires automatically receive network and email accounts.
Account information is sent to the employee’s personal email address. If not on record, it will be emailed to the supervisor.Non-BPS Employee:BPS interns, volunteers, and consultants need to request an X Account for network and email accounts.
Supervisor must submit a Request for Network Access (Form 42X).
X Accounts expire every year.
For access to student data, complete a Non-Disclosure Agreement for Student Information (NDA) and mail/bring the original to the Office of the Legal Advisor for approval. Once we receive the approved NDA, the requested access will be processed.